National Public Works Week
National Public Works Week is celebrated annually at the end of May. Since 1960, the American Public Works Association has sponsored National Public Works Week "to energize and educate the public on the importance of public works to their daily lives: planning, building, managing and operating at the heart of their local communities to improve everyday quality of life."
This year’s theme Stronger Together, "encourages people to think about the role public works plays in creating a great place to live. By working together, the impact citizens and public works professionals can have on their communities is magnified and results in the ability to accomplish goals once thought unattainable.
**Solid Waste COVID-19 Information and Service Alerts**
The Town of Carrboro continues to provide household waste, yard waste, and loose leaf collection services on their normal operating schedule. To view your collection day please see Residential Solid Waste Services Pickup Map.
For bulk item collection such as appliances, furniture, or TVs, please call (919) 918-7425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pickup.
Please note: To limit the spread of COVID-19 and protect employees, the Town has modified some normal operating procedures. As a result, some services may take longer than normal or be delayed. Town offices are closed to the public; however, Public Works staff is available by phone at (919) 918-7425 or email email@example.com.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
Mon May 31No Yard Waste Collection There is no yard waste collection on the 5th Monday of the month.Read On
Fri Jun. 18 - Mon Jun. 21June 18th - No Household Trash Collection Household trash will not be collected on Friday, June 18th in observance of the Holiday. Residents who normally receive waste collection on Friday will be serviced on Monday, June 21st.Read On
- Provides building and repair maintenance to the Town's assets and manages cemetery operations including selling and marking of cemetery plots at Old Carrboro Cemetery and Westwood Cemetery.
Fleet Maintenance Division
- Maintains and repairs all Town vehicles and equipment.
Solid Waste Division
- Provides waste collection to single-family, multi-family, and commercial properties; yard waste and loose leaf collection to single-family and two-family dwellings; and bulk item collection.
Streets & Grounds Division
- Provides general streets maintenance services including pavement markings, sign installations, right-of-way sidewalks, street sweeping, and parking lot and unpaved roadway repairs. Provides park facility and ball field maintenance at Town parks, and maintains bike paths. Responsible for inclement weather street maintenance such as snow removal and hurricane clean-up. Beautifies the Town through landscaping and ornamental design/maintenance.
- Administers the Town's NPDES stormwater permit and Stormwater Utility Enterprise fund. Supports public stormwater infrastructure maintenance and improvements. Provides oversight of privately owned Stormwater Control Measure maintenance and inspection.